This document refers to personal data, this is defined as information concerning any living person (a natural person who hereafter will be called the Data Subject) that is not already in the public domain.
The Data Protection Act (DPA), Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR) and The General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) which is EU wide and far more extensive, seek to protect and enhance the rights of data subjects. These rights cover the safeguarding of personal data, protection against the unlawful processing of personal data and the unrestricted movement of personal data within the EU. It should be noted that GDPR does not apply to information already in the public domain such as Companies House data.
Visitors to our website, tesorocreative.com should be aware that our web site is monitored and may capture information about your visit which will help us improve the quality of our services, our website and our relationships with customers.
We respect your privacy and will not disclose any personal information or information about you, your business or your browsing history, to any organisation other than our own. We do not sell your personal data.
The following Privacy Statement outlines how the information is collected and how it is used by us. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns you may have at any time.
How we collect information:
- Directly from you when you email, call or write to us,
- Indirectly from you when you visit this site,
- When you respond to one of our emails, social media posts or other promotion.
What information do we collect?
When you contact us directly we can collect (depending on the information provided): your company, name, address, telephone and email details. In addition, we also may collect:
- Personal data that you provide by completing forms on the Website, including if you sign up to receive our newsletter, request any information, or enter into any competition or promotion;
- If you register or create account with us, your log-in and password details;
- Information contained in messages when you post on our social media pages;
- Information contained in communications you send to us, for example when you report a problem or to submit queries, concerns or comments regarding the Website or its content; and
- Data from surveys that we may, from time to time, run on the Website for research purposes, if you choose to respond to, or participate in, them
- In you making initial contact you consent to the us maintaining a marketing dialogue with you until you either opt out (which you can do at any stage) or we decide to desist in promoting our services.
- We also acts on rare occasions on behalf of our clients, in the capacity of data processor. When working exclusively as a data processor, we will be acting on the instruction of our client and will work hard to ensure that the client is fully GDPR compliant.
Indirectly, we can record which pages on the site you visit, how you were directed to the website, and which emails or other promotions you responded to.
Why do we collect it?
- To improve the our website by determining how it is being used,
- To understand and monitor interaction with our content,
- To measure traffic to our website and from which channels.
- To conduct our internal business and management processes, for example accounting or auditing purposes; and for any other purposes that you would reasonably expect.
- To provide you with information about other products we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
We operate an email newsletter program, used to inform subscribers about products and services supplied by this Website. Users can subscribe through an online automated process should they wish to do so but do so at their own discretion. Some subscriptions may be manually processed through prior written agreement with the user.
Subscriptions are managed in compliance with the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003. Subscribers are given the opportunity to unsubscribe at any time through an automated system. This process is detailed at the footer of each email campaign. If an automated un-subscribe system is unavailable, clear instructions on how to unsubscribe will by detailed instead
Email marketing campaigns published by us may contain tracking facilities within the actual email. Subscriber activity is tracked and stored in a database for future analysis and evaluation. Such tracked activity may include: the opening of emails, forwarding of emails, the clicking of links within the email content, times, dates and frequency of activity.
This information is used to refine future email campaigns and supply the subscriber with more relevant content based around their activity.
Where do we store personal data?
The personal data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, locations outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Where servers of our third party service providers are located in a country outside of the EEA, these countries may not have similar data protection laws to the UK.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by the websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
How do cookies work?
We use Google Analytics to monitor website performance and at no point will Google Analytics be used to track or collect personally identifiable information of visitors to the site. We may also collect information about your IP address which may be used to detect the organisation or ISP connecting to the site. If you are a returning visitor to our website, this information will be identified as will how you were directed to the website. For more information, please visit https://policies.google.com/privacy/partners?hl=en-GB&gl=uk
How can these cookies be disabled?
Information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at www.aboutcookies.org
Tesoro Creative Ltd (Trading as The Detective Agency)
14 Newgate Road
Tel: +44 (0)1424 774771